Aha! My mom-away-from-mom (otherwise known as my mother-in-law) Jeanette is quite the crafty one. Not only in the wonderful handmade things she designs and makes (most recently for us a really cool Halloween card), but also in her ability to tag me from her blog to participate in a meme that a fellow blogging craftian previously ensnared her in.
Here are the rules:
- Link your tagger.
- Share seven facts on your blog – some random, some wierd.
- Tag seven people at the end of the post by leaving names as well as links to their blogs.
- Let them know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Done, done and as follows, done:
- I have logged almost 5,600 miles commuting by bike across Los Angeles this year and have managed to avoid all vehicles in motion and at rest, except for one. And it was at rest.
- As a child I taught myself how to tie my shoelaces in an effective manner but one lacking both efficiency or style. I tie my shoes the same way to this day.
- A piece of my hip bone was removed and installed to serve as the reconstructed bridge of my nose when it was destroyed along with other facial parts and systems in a motorcycle accident 13 years ago. Thanks to an excellent cosmetic surgeon the extracted section of bone was shaped so precisely a planned titanium screw to hold it in place was not required.
- I walked 28 miles last Saturday from one end of Western Avenue in Los Angeles to the other. It took more than 11 hours. I did this with five other fantastic urban explorers for fun. Some say, I have a weird idea of fun.
- I carry kibble and jerky treats with me in my backpack should I encounter any hungry stray dogs on my bike rides.
- I have never been to places like Rwanda and Zanzibar and Argentina, but I have never been to New York City.
- I have a story that’s been in my head for a couple years that I’ve finally started writing involving a young boy, a certain mythological fairy that collects teeth on a pay-per basis, and a monster living in the kid’s closet. I want to go into details here, but if I do then I won’t write it.Â Personal bias notwithstanding, it has the potential to be quite entertaining. Unless I fuck it up.
Seven totally random bloggers I tagged (seriously, I do not know them at all, I Googled “random blog” and randomly tagged the following (I hope they don’t hate me too much for it):